The client’s requests and needs are what directs the process of garden construction. We pride ourselves on creating original Japanese gardens that utilize the well-trained eyes and skills of our gardeners. When we create a garden, we form a project team of gardeners and designers to make a garden filled with possibilities for beautifully fostering it over many years.
Nanzen-ji Temple was originally built in the late thirteenth century as the imperial villa of Cloistered Emperor Kameyama.
Kegon-tei Garden and Ryugin-tei Garden (Created by Ueyakato Landscape, 1984)
The Sakai branch of Namba Betsuin Temple is said to have been built in 1603 by Kyonyo (1558-1614), the twelfth head monk of Higashi Hongan-ji Temple.
Facing the abbot hall of Konkai Komyo-ji Temple, one of the eight head temples of the Pure Land sect of Buddhism, there are two gardens known as the Shiun Garden and the Path of Encounters (Goen no Michi).
Chion-ji Temple is also known by the more proper name of Hyakumanben Chion-ji Temple.
Seigan-ji Temple is said to have been constructed in 667 by the imperial decree of Emperor Tenchi.
Fukujuen was founded in 1790. Today it might be called a comprehensive trading company that not only sells tea but also aims to carry on and continue creating the tea culture of the Uji region of Kyoto prefecture.
Kyoto's Arashiyama area has long been known as a site of scenic beauty. During the Heian period (794-1185), Japanese royalty such as Emperor Kanmu and other nobility members often came here on sightseeing excursions.
Founded during the Meiji period (1868-1912), the Kyozome-kai (Kyoto Dyed Products Association) has both carried on the essence of Kyoto's traditional craftsmanship and artistry and pushed it forward.
The Ogura Hyakunin Isshu (known in English as “One Hundred Poets, One Poem Each”) is a poetry anthology created in the thirteenth century by the scholar Fujiwara no Teika by selecting a hundred poems by a hundred poets from the Collection of Japanese Poems from Ancient and Modern Times (Kokin Wakashu) and the Later Collection of Japanese Poems Continued (Shokugosen Wakashu).
The Arashiyama Villa is a newly built company recreation facility located not too far away from Tenryu-ji Temple.
This garden is a rooftop garden above the head office of Software Service Inc., located nearby Shin-Osaka Station.
This private domestic garden is located in a residential neighborhood of Seki City in Gifu Prefecture and was created in response to a request for a traditional Kyoto-style garden that would harmonize with a newly built home featuring a modern design.
This private residential garden, located not too far from Nanzen-ji Temple, was created to complement a house newly built on the property as a second home.
The garden of this private second home near Nanzen-ji Temple was created when the house was newly built.
The gardens at Hoshino Resorts KAI Kaga were created according to the concept of "local place." They are gardens that make maximum use of both Ishikawa Prefecture's "local figures" (things and people) and traditional Kyoto technique.
Located in the heart of Tokyo, in the Otemachi business district, Hoshinoya Tokyo's outdoor space was spatially designed by Studio Onsite president Hiroki Hasegawa, and condenses together motifs that fuse its concept of a "Japanese ryokan" (traditional Japanese inn) setting with a modern sensibility.
The Japanese garden at Ubusuna-no-sato TOMIMOTO was created as a garden befitting the birthplace of Japanese potter and Living National Treasure Tomimoto Kenkichi (1886-1963) by making effective use of stones and trees used in the original garden that existed here.
River Retreat Garaku is an intimate luxury hotel on the shore of the Jinzu River in Toyama City.
This garden was created in the heart of Hangzhou (a former capital of China) in response to a commission by Greentown China.
Kyoto International Conference Center (hereafter, ICC) was opened in May 1966 as Japan’s first international conference center.
In October 2018, the Kyoto International Conference Center opened a New Hall with a design that complements the existing Event Hall.
Page Top ▲