Here we introduce the gardens that Ueyakato Landscape is involved in.
Nanzen-ji Temple was originally built in the late thirteenth century as the imperial villa of Cloistered Emperor Kameyama.
Kegon-tei Garden and Ryugin-tei Garden (Created by Ueyakato Landscape, 1984)
The garden at Nanzen-in Temple is a classic strolling pond garden of the late Kamakura period.
Dainei-ken is located on the former premises of Dainei-in Temple, one of Nanzen-ji's sub-temples during the Edo period (1603-1868).
Shosei-en is a garden that belongs to Higashi Hongan-ji Temple, the head temple of the Otani school of Shin Buddhism, but is detached from its main temple grounds.
Ōtani Mausoleum belongs to the Shinshū Ōtani-ha branch of Jōdo Shinshū (Shin Buddhism).
The Sakai branch of Namba Betsuin Temple is said to have been built in 1603 by Kyonyo (1558-1614), the twelfth head monk of Higashi Hongan-ji Temple.
Facing the abbot hall of Konkai Komyo-ji Temple, one of the eight head temples of the Pure Land sect of Buddhism, there are two gardens known as the Shiun Garden and the Path of Encounters (Goen no Michi).
Chion-ji Temple is also known by the more proper name of Hyakumanben Chion-ji Temple.
Seigan-ji Temple is said to have been constructed in 667 by the imperial decree of Emperor Tenchi.
Murin-an was built in 1896 as the villa of Yamagata Aritomo, one of the leading statesman during the Meiji period (1868-1912).
Kaiu-so is a large 19,880m² garden created on the former site of a Nanzen-ji sub-temple dissolved by the government during the Meiji period (1868-1912).
Junsei Shoin（literally "Junsei Study Hall") was originally a medical school established in 1839 by Shingu Ryotei, a famous doctor schooled in Western learning.
Fukujuen was founded in 1790. Today it might be called a comprehensive trading company that not only sells tea but also aims to carry on and continue creating the tea culture of the Uji region of Kyoto prefecture.
Kyoto's Arashiyama area has long been known as a site of scenic beauty. During the Heian period (794-1185), Japanese royalty such as Emperor Kanmu and other nobility members often came here on sightseeing excursions.
The history of Yosui-en is said to begin when Hosokawa Mitsumoto, deputy to Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, third shogun of the Muromachi period(1333-1603), built his residence here.
Founded during the Meiji period (1868-1912), the Kyozome-kai (Kyoto Dyed Products Association) has both carried on the essence of Kyoto's traditional craftsmanship and artistry and pushed it forward.
The Matsumoto Sake Brewery in Kyoto's Fushimi area is a company with a longstanding history that has provided premium quality sake for over two centuries since its founding in 1791.
The Ogura Hyakunin Isshu (known in English as “One Hundred Poets, One Poem Each”) is a poetry anthology created in the thirteenth century by the scholar Fujiwara no Teika by selecting a hundred poems by a hundred poets from the Collection of Japanese Poems from Ancient and Modern Times (Kokin Wakashu) and the Later Collection of Japanese Poems Continued (Shokugosen Wakashu).
Named Suikei-en (or "Waterscape Garden"), this strolling garden was created in Kansai Culture and Science City Commemorative Park (also known as Keihanna Commemorative Park) to commemorate the 1200th anniversary of the Heian capital's founding in present-day Kyoto.
The Arashiyama Villa is a newly built company recreation facility located not too far away from Tenryu-ji Temple.
This garden is a rooftop garden above the head office of Software Service Inc., located nearby Shin-Osaka Station.
This private domestic garden is located in a residential neighborhood of Seki City in Gifu Prefecture and was created in response to a request for a traditional Kyoto-style garden that would harmonize with a newly built home featuring a modern design.
This private residential garden, located not too far from Nanzen-ji Temple, was created to complement a house newly built on the property as a second home.
The garden of this private second home near Nanzen-ji Temple was created when the house was newly built.
The Westin Miyako Hotel Kyoto lies not too far away from Kyoto's Nanzen-ji Temple and in the background features Mt. Kacho, which is also the honorific mountain name (sango)* that is prefixed to the name of Chion-ji Temple, the head temple of Jodo (Pure Land) Buddhism.
Located in the Okazaki area of Kyoto's Sakyo Ward, this property had a main house and garden on it thought to have originally been made during the Taisho period (1912-26).
The gardens at Hoshino Resorts KAI Kaga were created according to the concept of "local place." They are gardens that make maximum use of both Ishikawa Prefecture's "local figures" (things and people) and traditional Kyoto technique.
Located in the heart of Tokyo, in the Otemachi business district, Hoshinoya Tokyo's outdoor space was spatially designed by Studio Onsite president Hiroki Hasegawa, and condenses together motifs that fuse its concept of a "Japanese ryokan" (traditional Japanese inn) setting with a modern sensibility.
Even among the garden villas in the Nanzen-ji Temple neighborhood, Warin-an (formerly the Kamahara Tatsuya residence) is a celebratedly outstanding garden.
The Japanese garden at Ubusuna-no-sato TOMIMOTO was created as a garden befitting the birthplace of Japanese potter and Living National Treasure Tomimoto Kenkichi (1886-1963) by making effective use of stones and trees used in the original garden that existed here.
River Retreat Garaku is an intimate luxury hotel on the shore of the Jinzu River in Toyama City.
This garden was created in the heart of Hangzhou (a former capital of China) in response to a commission by Greentown China.
Kyoto International Conference Center (hereafter, ICC) was opened in May 1966 as Japan’s first international conference center.
In October 2018, the Kyoto International Conference Center opened a New Hall with a design that complements the existing Event Hall.
Koto Heian no Yado Kanade is an accommodation facility that opened in the Okazaki area of Kyoto's Sakyo Ward in 2017.
Page Top ▲